So today is the the 21th day of the 21th year of the 21th century. I am posting this on the 21st hour of my day!
So, I will share with you 21 things I enjoyed about being 21 years of age, back when I was 21.
- Drinking responsibly, and legally…totally new at 21!
- Community college…totally ready and willing to go back to school, but on my terms at 21!!
- Having roommates that weren’t my friends, didn’t usually feel weird.
- At 21, I can begin to officially quote, “Back in my day…”
- “So, this is clubbing…heh.”
- Whipping out my state ID with a smile, proving that I am 21.
- No weird life regrets just yet.
- Not caring about the sodium count in 10-cent ramen packs and 50-cent noodle cups!
- Totally a full grown-up with no age restrictions, unless I want to run for President.
- But still can be kind of a kid with my Spawn action figures together on a shelf. No explanations!
- No big student loan or credit card debts. Probably not ever, riiiiiight?!
- Working five days a week at a reasonable living wage for the time, hell yeah!
- My peak high metabolism.
- Taco Bell food tasted really good then.
- Decided officially that gambling was stupid, and I sucked at it.
- Sleep was way more manageable.
- Hanging out with friends when I can because I can, and they could too. it was just so simple and exciting back then!
- Following your dreams instead of chasing after them.
- Having an innocent, naïve world view that was more acceptable
- The amazing and totally responsible 20s life, 8-9 more of this year to redo…riiiiight?!
- Being very overly optimistic. (Now, I am cautiously optimistic).
So yeah, that’s my awesome 21 things I loved about being 21 on this day of multiple 21s. Also, enjoy this catchy opening to one my favorite classic TV shows, 21 Jump Street now…
This is probably going to stay in your head now (you’re welcome!)
Oh…you might ask why is there a squirrel as my opening pic. That’s because today, January 21st is also Squirrel Appreciation Day! NOD YOUR HEADS TO OUR FURRY OVERLORDS OF CUTENESS!!!
Also, I carefully planted 21s, 21 times in this article of 21s!